Monday, November 9, 2009

Transfer Motivational Conference

I enjoyed everything about the conference except the workshop. The bus, it was mad funny when Jorge started giving out sandwiches “Tuna or Ham?” I think that the first couple of speakers were alright but then they kept talking and talking and honestly I lost interest in what they were saying. Roll Call, that was the point where I snapped out of my daydreams and got my mind back into the conference. I was really excited to go to the workshop, mine was at the library and I fell in love with it, 5 stories high damn. The workshop speaker was one of the downers from the conference, first of we couldn’t relate to her since she wasn’t an AB540 student, even though she had some points she really didn’t tell us anything new, I was hoping to get some more information about AB540 but nope nothing new. She kept talking about how she thought she wasn’t going to get into Berkeley and how her teacher pushed to her to apply to Harvard and how she did get in, I think that was the highlight of her presentation, having someone push you when you think you can’t and achieving things you would never have thought of. The campus tour was alright, it had been a long day and we were all tired so we all wanted to get it over with. Overall it was a cool experience, seeing new faces, getting closer to the ones you already know. Another downer about the conference was that we couldn’t perform at “Explosion” and we couldn’t even stay to see the other performers.

No comments:

Post a Comment