Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Digital Life

Everyday right after I get up but before I’m completely awake I have to check my email, it’s the easiest way to keep in touch with my family and friends. I want to say I’m right in the middle of loving and hating technology, I love it because it makes things easier, why would I want to go my friend’s house and knock on his door to ask him about what’s up, when I can send him a text, email, IM or just give him a call. Why would I want to go rent a movie when I can just order it on the spot without having to get up from the couch? Why would I want to buy a CD with 20 songs if I only like two of them, I can just go online and buy them? Even though technology has made our life easier, it has also made us lazier, now we think that going to the library and research about a subject is a waste of time, we can easily just Google, copy and paste, which is also known as plagiarism. Also it has made some people shyer, take me as an example, I can talk for hours on IM but when it comes to interacting with someone face to face um yeah let’s just say I’m not the life of the party. Now that I think of it, I realized that since the first time my hands touched a keyboard, I’ve been wanting to be part of computer technology, but it wasn’t until I programmed my first game that I actually thought about it. I can’t really picture life without technology, or at least not without computers, I don’t usually listen to the radio or watch TV, I pretty much do all of that online. My life revolves around technology without it I wouldn’t be able to keep in touch with my friends or be able to listen the newest beats, or where's the dopest crew in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment